11.28.2007

THE number one


Recently, while talking to a friend about landmark times in our lives, anniversarial years such as Baby's First Christmas, the 21st Birthday, and the 50th Wedding Anniversary came to mind. My niece, Ella, was born last September, and from the very first minutes of her life, I saw how quickly love can form and grow.




Now, as I sit writing my First Anniversary Blog, I wonder:

"What's poignant enough for a First Blog?"


And then I realize, quickly, that the mere attempt at blogging is poignant enough. So--with a quick ending to my beginning of blogging minutes, I leave you with this, one of my most favoritest quotes:


"You are so much sunshine to the square inch." -Walt Whitman


Can I ever be considered that titillating such that someone will say the minutes in my life deserve Walt Whitman's quote?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If a single quote could ever describe you, I think Mr. Whitman's has to be near the top of the list.