12.04.2008

Shoes: My Stomping Grounds


I read somewhere that there are 6 main reasons why women buy shoes:
  1. The shoe matches an outfit we have in our closet.

  2. We buy the shoe to potentially match a future clothing purchase.

  3. We bought it because it was cute.

  4. We bought it becase it made us feel sexy and powerful when we put it on.

  5. We bought it on sale.

  6. We bought it off the clearance rack and can't take it back.

Now, I'd like to personally link a shoe to each of these reasons and talk about how each said shoe has changed my life (or wardrobe).


1. This is a shoe I bought because it would definitely match something I already had in my closet. It matched one green shirt that I bought and that justified me getting the shoe as well. I haven't worn it that much, but it's still cool to pull it out every once in awhile:



2. This is a definite example of a shoe bought to potentially match something in my closet someday. Now, for what it's worth, this shoe has had proud moments at TJES and as the unforgettable Amy Winehouse shoe:




3. I bought this shoe because it was so cute. It went well with a pair of black Bermudas and a cute black sundress this summer. Also pairs nicely with jeans:



4. I definitely bought this shoe because it made me feel powerful and sexy when I put it on. I had no idea what I would wear this shoe with...but I knew I had to have it. It was gorgeous! Now, after over a year of wear, this shoe probably should be retired (it's old) but it's just so fun to wear with jeans that I can't come to grips with parting with it:



5. I bought this shoe on sale and thought it was cool, but once again didn't know what I'd wear it with. After I wore it this summer, my sister told me she looked at the same shoe and asked if she could borrow it. Guess it was worth it:


6. And the last shoe, bought off the clearance rack (for $16.97, down from $68.00!), was not returnable. It's a Chinese Laundry shoe, and I wanted a t-strap sandal all summer. Was it worth it? YES! I wore this a ton:



My ode to shoes. There are plenty more in the closet. Hope you enjoyed just 6 pairs!

1 comment:

Hank said...

I freaking love this blog! It made my day! You made me want to go through MY shoe closet and see what pairs go with which reasons. I am proud to say that I was with you for two of those purchases! ;o) WOO HOO! You are a fancy shoe lady and I love you!