11.12.2008

amy winehouse








i celebrated Halloween evening with several of my friends...a former teaching partner, Sarah, her husband, Ryan, her sister, Emily, and another couple, Jimmy & Ashley. Sarah, Emily, and Ryan went as Three's Company, Jimmy as Hannah Montana and Ashley as Billy Ray Cyrus...and then there's me...as Amy Winehouse.

don't ask me what caused my costume to transpire...maybe it's the weird obsession i have with seeing her sickly photos...
maybe it's the way her raspy English voice sounds in her song, Rehab.
maybe it's her crazy tattoos and the fact that i really wish i had a crazy tattoo...
maybe it's because i finally purchased a pair of much-wanted skinny jeans in order to create my character's costume...
but whatever it was, it was fun to be amy for one night. actually it was so much fun that i dressed as her the next night, too.

No comments: