11.14.2008

a cruddy (couple of) day(s)


it's not that i try to be in a crummy mood when a few days of serious rain and clouds come along...but sometimes even when i try my hardest, rainy days always get me down.

it doesn't help that i'm low on money, still feeling the effects of taking a few months off from teaching and only starting a new part-time job 4 weeks ago and about to start another job next week...but finances can really get ya down, too.


it probably has to do with having a really fabulous weekend last weekend and knowing that i have a not-so-fabulous weekend coming up...


it might have to do with the fact that the front right wheel on my car was bent in 3 places when they looked at it at the garage...that i had to rotate my newer front tires to the back and then get rid of the rear tires (they were REALLY bad) and get new ones...which thankfully, only ended up meaning i had to buy one tire because my full-size, never-been-used Michelin spare was more than adequate and meant that i only had to buy one more Michelin to put on the front (to the tune of $129.00)...


it might have to do with the fact that i've wanted to get 2 people gifts in the past 3 months and i can't afford it.


it might have to do with the fact that it's embarrassing to even talk about...


whatever the reason for my glum mood, karen carpenter says it all when she sings Rainy Days and Mondays in the video above.


so you begin the healing process by writing, curling up with a good book, or grabbing a Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar and eating the entire thing yourself.


2 comments:

The Running Couple said...

I know exactly how you feel and what a terrible time of year to feel that way :(

What is your new job? Are you going to stay on at RR too?

I love The Carpenters.

Hank said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling sad my friend...come to my house this week and we will walk to Mountain Frost to cheer you up! My Treat! ;o)