11.12.2008

CHANGE (a list): so much happens in a year...



A year + a week ago, this picture was taken with friends at a Halloween (obviously) party. If you would've told me that I'd be where I am now on that day, I wouldn't have believed you.

There are several reasons why I feel like so much has happened this past year. I'll make a list...because I know several bloggers who have made lists before, and I always love to read lists.



My List of Changes for 2008 (or Things You Didn't Know About Me)
  • I have a tres serieux boyfriend, Gregg. I NEVER thought I'd fall in love like this, and now I know how amazing it can be to have someone love you so much!

  • I am no longer a teacher, at least not in the institutional sense.
  • I have run nine 5K races, a 1-miler, a 5-miler, and a 10K this year.
  • I have also run two Deep Hollow Half Marathon trail races, a Lynchburg Half Marathon, and my first Outer Banks Half Marathon this year.
  • I am the aunt of a 2 year old named Ella, whom I babysit almost every week.

  • I live in Lynchburg, Virginia...a formerly very conservative area in Virginia.

  • I am a big fan of Bunko.
  • I've become closer friends with a girl I never would've thought I would.
  • I am the membership contact for the Lynchburg Road Runners.
  • I just accepted a job with the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts for which I will be an Art on the Spot Educator.
  • I travelled to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in March.
  • I went to Bethany Beach, Delaware with my whole family in July.
  • I helped welcome several friends' babies into the world: Alexis' twins, Bailey and Cooper; Carrie's Evey, Kylie's Beckett, Nell's Ashley, and Amy's Callie.

  • I celebrated Ella's 2nd birthday and made her a caterpillar cake!
  • I finished the Angel's Race Sprint Triathlon for the 2nd year and bettered my time by 13 minutes, with a personal record of 1:46:07.
  • I saw one of my very best friends, Rachel, marry her love, Brad, in September.

    These are just a few things that have changed my life or have changed about me in the past year. Change has been the most positive thing in my life in a year.

1 comment:

The Running Couple said...

Ah, thanks, I made the list. Loved your new posts, especially the one about you and Gregg and the past year.

Alexis