11.21.2008

spreading myself beyond the PSU lines...

so, i've NEVER, in my entire life, been a fan or patron of the Ohio State Buckeyes. i grew up in a small town, Jeannette, Pennsylvania, until i was 4, where we had a buckeye tree growing in our yard. my only real influence of buckeyes was with that tree, collecting them in a small plastic swimming pool and playing with them. they weren't edible nuts (though a relative of the chestnut) but they were kind of fun to play with because they were hard, made a cool noise when knocked together, and were especially fun to run your hands through if you had a huge pile of them. but i digress...

the OSU Buckeyes have always been an enemy of mine, consider the following facts:


  • I am a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University.

  • PSU and OSU are both in the Big Ten.

  • OSU usually beats PSU in the season. They didn't this year.

  • I am from Pennsylvania and have some family and friends from Ohio...forming a natural rivalry.

  • A lot of Ohio State fans I know, have always been a little negative toward my boyfriend, JoePa.

However, with all of this against me ever doing anything positive in the light of the Buckeyes, i've turned over a new leaf. i present to you:

YES! You are seeing what your eyes are telling you. I did bake a cake and make it into an Ohio State "O." if it weren't for the cold, hard fact that a friend from Bunko, Carrie, was a HUGE Ohio State fan, this never would've happened. however, carrie, who has been a part of this group since it started (3+ years), is moving to Ohio in January and we're all very sad to see her go. last night, at her last bunko, we gave her a little sayonara with a "Virginia-themed" gift and an Ohio State cake. Carrie, we will miss you...and you've seen another side of me that may NEVER happen again...but should be cherished in all of it's Ohio State glory.

Hope you enjoyed the other side of my leaf. I will be returning to my usual buckeye inspiration (the nut) for the rest of time.

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Heather

I have just read some of your posts and seen the photographs. I liked the narrative technique you have used to enhance the value of photos. I would like to visit your blogs again.

If you love seeing paintings and reading short stories, then a flying visit to my blogs would be a good idea.

Naval Langa